Monday, February 6, 2012

Stay Cation Day 3

Ok So here we are on Day 3 Saturday. Again after a late night out I am awake at 6:30. I do not need to be. But yet I am. This is the first day Laurie gets to surf with me. The other 2 days she had to work. SHE works a Lot..and since she is a CPA..She is REALLY gonna be working A LOT. So the girl could use some much needed surf time. We hear a bunch of our friends are meeting at Bolsa. But it looked a bit big on surfline, and if I remembered correctly a lot of shore breaks. However a few friends said they had a great day.

We walk to 7-11 to get some coffee and then walk to the Beach to check it out. You just have to look to the left to see what Bolsa was doing. IT already looked crowded too. As we were standing on the beach the wind gust kept coming and we were getting pelted by sand. The waves did look a bit intimidating but some decent shape. I really just was not in the mood to get pounded again. Not yet anyway..I heard later that day the cliffs were going off and there were long lefts. I "heart" lefts" =) Oh well...

Laurie nor I felt like dealing with crowds and we wanted a bit smaller and less intimidating surf. So we pack up our boards and gear and head over to Seal.

Says 2-3 but that was by the pier..where it was very crowded. On top of that a surf school with "A LOT" Of kids dragging their leashes were headed right to that same area. So we went a little North where it was more like 1' with an occasional 2', but no crowds. The wind calmed down and it was a really nice "Juneuary" day. It felt good to just be out in the water.

I cant believe how bad it was for me. I caught one ankle biter and pearled. REALLY I pearled? ON a 1' wave?!?!?!?!!?LOL. I caught nothing but a sunburned face after that. NOTHING!!!However there really was nothing to catch. I think Laurie got 1 or maybe 2 rides..BUT I am happy she really needed it. I think she said this was her first day out since November?

As we were out there I swear I saw Lola..Dont know Lola read the last post.. AND sure enough there was Tracy waving at us from the shore. We go in to say hi. She didn't go out with us. She stayed on the shore and Laurie and I went back to play for a bit more. I still caught nada!.

We sit in Lola and hang out a bit. Then decide to check out Harbor Surf. We also realize we could eat lunch. So we hit Surf Taco. It was delicious. I had one shrimp and one grilled fish taco. AND an ice cold Corona. Hit the spot. Perfect after surf food, Even if some of us really didn't "surf". Tracy's husband Charlie showed up, scared the crap of out me. Some guy walking up behind me, puts his hand on my shoulder and eats my chips. You should have seen the look on my face till I realized who it was.

After we finish eating we meet up with Charlie at BeachWood BBQ and he buys us all a small beer. That place is pretty interesting.. they brew their own beer and it is really good!

We say goodbye to Tracy. Head back to Laurie's. I go to read my book and end up crashing out. I think my body had enough. HA. Laurie apparently had a nap too. Then she was headed out to go to dinner with some friends. I really was worn and wanted to stay home. I just walked out again for another sunset.

There were some surfers out on their boards as the sun was setting and I took this picture after the sun set. It was a lovely scene. I want to watch the sunset from my board. Maybe this summer the hubs and I will!

Came back, warmed up my left over pasta from the night before. Read for a bit and was out by 9PM.

Was woken up to my door opening and a big plunk on my bed..And Laurie's Dog Otto, in my face. He didn't want to be alone. SCARED THE BEJESUS out of me. So he curls up and takes over the whole futon till his mommy comes home. Then I sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment